Gerry Gallen – Director of Care
Gerry is the Director of Care in Millbrook Manor. Gerry has 16 years’ experience in Nursing Home management and 30 years’ experience as a nurse both in acute care of the older person and community based care. Gerry is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland was Assistant Director of Nursing in Letterkenny General Hospital until 2013.
Gerry is a qualified registered General Nurse and has courses in Renal Nursing, Surgical Nursing and care of the elderly. Alongside Gerry are a dedicated team of nurses, Administrative Staff, Care Assistants, Activity Coordinators, Catering and Housekeeping staff and other multidisciplinary members.
Muriel O Donnell – PIC
Muriel is the Director of Nursing in Millbrook Manor Nursing Home. Muriel has been working as a registered nurse since 1994. This includes experience within the acute care sector and community care of the Older Person in both the UK & Ireland. Muriel has been specialising in Care of the Older Person in Ireland since 2006. She holds a certificate in Gerontology and also a Higher Diploma in Business & Finance.
- She has completed a course in Management and Leadership (Program for Directors of Nursing). She is passionate about quality care in the Older Persons care setting.
- As the Director of Nursing, Muriel is responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff and also implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Muriel has devised and implemented risk management registers and strategies for Millbrook.
Kate Tuz – Assistant PIC
Kate is the Assistant Director of Nursing in Millbrook Manor Nursing Home.
- Kate has been a Registered Nurse since 1995.
- Gained 13 years of experience in the field of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care in Poland.
- Kate has concentrated on the Care of the Older Person sector and has been working in this environment since 2008.
- Kate has successfully completed a course on Supervisory Management and is involved in the Clinical aspects of care delivery.
Abigail Romero – Clinical Nurse Manager
Abigail is the Clinical Nurse Manager in Millbrook Manor Nursing Home.
- Abigail studied Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Colegio San Jun de LetranCalmba in the Philippines, graduating in 2009 and passing the licensure exam for nurses in the same year.
- She taught Science and Health education for four years in Christian School International.
- Abigail finished her adaptation in the Mater Hospital in their cardio-vascular surgical ward in 2017 and joined Millbrook Manor in February 2018.
Rebecca Moorhead O’Neill – House Manager
Rebecca is the appointed house manager for Millbrook Manor with 20 years’ experience in the healthcare sector. She has experience in surgical, medical, respiratory, care of the older person and stroke unit care.
- Supports and guides the team and leads all operational activities within each service to meet company and legislative standards.
- Creates a positive working environment which nurtures and rewards good practice and shows positive and pro-active people leadership skills.
Liviu Minzat – Administration & Accounts Manager
- Administration & Finance Manager
- You will see Liviu at front desk reception.
- In depth knowledge of the finance systems, administration systems and processes involved in nursing homes.
- Responsible for the smooth running of our back house, so that our residents receive all of the care and attention they need every day.